Students were introduced to our new virtual classroom, Edmodo. Edmodo is a wonderful way for students to connect with each other, their teacher and even other students and teachers. This is completely moderated by me and is safe for students. We will be using Edmodo as a way for students to publish their writing and get feedback from each other. Parents can even join our group and give feedback as well.
As part of our introduction, I used this to discuss the importance of safety online. Students will have access to technology (i.e, cell phones, tablets, video games, computers, etc) all of the time. It's important for students to understand how they present themselves online. Students asked lots of questions about what they can do on Edmodo. Here are our guidelines for Edmodo.
- Edmodo is our online classroom.
- Edmodo is only to be used for school-related topics.
- Students may post homework assignments any evening.
- Students may reply to each other using parameters outlined by me.
- All comments and posts are seen by me.
- Students who use this for social purposes will no longer have access to Edmodo.
- Parents are invited to join our classroom and be involved in the conversation.