Mrs. Alexander's Learning Site
- online bulletin board, interactive with lots of possibilities
Free Technology for Teachers
- one of THE best sites around for tech tips!
Google Lit Trips
- Use Google Earth to discover where in the world stories take them
- create word clouds from text you input.
- Word Clouds made into pictures
Skype an Author Network
create cool presentations
- create short stories with friends and family
- create and share projects
- mind mapping online
Rare Book and Children's Literature
- printable books
Short Stories for Children
-pick a book, then print
Read Me a Book
- listen to stories online, letters and sounds of the day
- lots of great ELL ideas and resources here
Teacher Literacy Resources
Beth Newingham's Reading Workshop
Jen Jones - Hello Literacy
The Daily Cafe
- from the authors of the Daily 5
Florida Center for Reading Research
- extensive site with review of programs and student center activities
Two Writing Teachers
Mandy Gregory's Literacy Site
Ms. Jordan Reads
Upper Elementary Snapshots
Into The Book
- lessons, downloads, and videos for all strategies
Content Reading Strategies that Work
- Lots of useful information and ideas here!
- site by author John Scieszka. Offers teachers, parents and kids different types of titles and ways to get guys reading!
- portal for learning games galore
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.